Friday, November 13, 2020

Editor's note: issues.

 Not much going on today news wise so I thought I would give an update on some problems I have had with Blogger lately. You are probably not aware of this but Blogger did a major update awhile back and it appears to have screwed a few things up. I have gotten used to it and some of the more major glitches have been fixed but I have had a few lingering problems. 

The most obvious and one you probably have seen has been with formatting. A lot of the time images and text don't stay where I put them after I use HTML to insert things like tweets or instagram posts. Most of the time I catch this when it happens but others I miss it and only see it after the post has been up for several days and it's no longer worth fixing. Other times it happens just because it feels like it and I don't catch it because I am not looking for it. So if you see off centered text or images it's Blogger's fault not mine. 

I have considered moving my blog in the past but it would be a very complicated endeavor and I wouldn't even know where to go. I know wordpress is a thing but I have heard that they have had problems recently as well. Plus migrating the site would be difficult at best and beyond my capabilities at worst. I'm not a tech guy and I really had to self teach myself just to get my current blog working. 

Plus, I have adsense on this blog and I don't know how it would work if I changed websites. I'd assume I'd be able to keep my account and wouldn't have to start over again but you never know. I guess I'm just not certain if moving is worth it just because of a few glitches. 

Another thing I have considered is buying hosting. It would be relatively cheap and might help get my blog more exposure as getting rid of the .blogspot. might make my site look more professional and could avoid it getting eaten by filters, allowing it to spread more virally. But at this point the income I make from my blog would not be enough to offset the cost of hosting and I don't want to lose money on this blog. 

All and all though I think this will remain status quo ante. If I do decide to change things up I will of course let everyone know. Blogger may be a mess right now but it's not unusable but please be patient if you see any more weird formatting errors on my site. It's not me, it's Blogger itself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment