Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Final debate information and live tweet reminder.

 

President Trump and former Vice President Biden. NPR.

As you are almost certainly aware the last Presidential debate is happening tomorrow night. At least supposedly, given the insanity of the current media cycle it's very possible the debate will be canceled. If that happens this post is moot, but until then I thought I could give a little information. 

NPR has an article up and I will summarize. The debate will start at 8:00pm and will continue until 9:30pm central time and will be broadcast on most major networks. NBC News will be hosting the debate and Kristen Welker will be the moderator. Here is the list of topics that will be covered. 

fighting COVID-19

American families

race in America

climate change

national security

leadership

As always I will be live tweeting the debate. As always you can follow along on Twitter, Gab or Parler, assuming I don't have technical issues. I usually have a lot of fun doing so and it's always nice to follow along. 

The debate is shaping up to be a mess. I don't trust the objectivity of Kristen Welker at all and given the debate rules have been updated so that the mics can be muted. In theory this might be a positive development as candidates yelling over each other makes the debates a lot more hard to follow along, but I doubt that it will be used fairly. 

I also hope that the debate doesn't devolve into the yelling contest the last one did. Though I do think that Trump won the debate it was a pyrrhic victory at best. Trump did damage to Biden but neither one came off to well. I am hoping that President Trump lets Biden talk and hang himself with his gaffes and policies. 

I hope that Biden's laptop scandal gets brought up as well, but I kinda doubt it. The scandal should be the biggest story in the world today but the media has collectively decided to ignore it. It might be President Trump's only chance to get the scandal out to the people. 

The other big news with this debate is that they decided to remove most of the questions on foreign policy. I find this to be obvious bias against President Trump as his best argument is how well his foreign policy is doing. It's especially annoying since all of the questions are ones that came up in the 1st debate and the town halls. 

I'm not expecting much from this debate but I will enjoy watching it. It will be the last one of these I get to do for a long time and it may well prove to be a historic night. We will have to wait and see but assuming it happens it will be must watch television. 

No comments:

Post a Comment