Monday, October 14, 2019

Editor's Note: 4th Democratic Debate and who is participating.

Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren. Vox/AP.

As you are probably aware the 4th Democratic Debate is happening tomorrow night. It will start at 7:00pm Central and will be broadcast on CNN (ugh). As always I plan to live tweet the debate. You can follow along at my Twitter and Gab accounts. Vox, surprisingly enough, has a pretty good round up of the debate. 

The following candidates have qualified for the debate and will be appearing Tuesday night:

Joe Biden
Elizabeth Warren
Bernie Sanders
Pete Buttigieg
Kamala Harris
Andrew Yang
Corey Booker
Robert Francis "Beto" O'Rourke
Tom Steyer
Amy Klobuchar
Julian Castro
Tusli Gabbard

As you can tell it's going to be a very crowded debate with 11 candidates (and several more who didn't qualify!). I expect it to be a long grueling debate and I also expect to miss at least some of it. I'm sick with a cold too so I hope my commentary is still acceptable. 

The vast majority of the debate is going to focus on the three front runners, Biden, Warren and Sanders. Biden has a huge scandal with his links to Ukraine and it will be interesting to see if the other candidates attack him for it or if they toe the party line. Sanders will be one to watch as well as his recent heart attack may leave him weak. Warren is probably hoping to put both of them away.

Other candidates to watch are billionaire Tom Steyer and congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard. This is Steyer's first debate and he will probably pound impeachment hard. Gabbard is interesting too as she is the furthest outside of the Democrat's Overton Window. Given current events in Syria it will be interesting to see her take, assuming she gets any time to talk. 

Either way, I will be tuning in at 7:00 and will be commenting through the entire debate. I hope my readers follow along, even if they don't want to suffer through watching the debate itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment