Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Editor's Note: 3rd Democratic Debate.

As you may be aware, the 3rd presidential debate will be tomorrow. It will be broadcast on ABC and will start at 7:00pm central. The debate will be three hours long and will star the following candidates.

Joe Biden
Elizabeth Warren
Bernie Sanders
Kamala Harris
Pete Buttgieg
Andrew Yang
Corey Booker
Robert Francis "Beto" (ugh) O'Rourke
Amy Klobucher
Julian Castro.

As always I will be live tweeting the debate. You can find my twitter account here. If you are unwilling or unable to follow along on Twitter I also have a Gab account, assuming the stupid website works.

A quick note, I doubt I will able to watch the entire debate. Three hours is grueling enough as it is but I will have other things to do that night. I'm guessing there will be an interruption around 9:30 PM. I really wish that the length of these debates could be trimmed down a bit. Two hours seems like it would be perfect but God knows it's not up to me.

As for the debate itself it should be intresting. Kamala Harris pretty much destroyed her chances last time around and I wonder if we won't see that again with someone else. Joe Biden has been a gaff machine lately and I am guessing that everyone will be ganging up on him to take him down.

I do think that it's a shame that some of the more interesting candidates did not qualify for the debates. Peace candidate Tulsi Gabbard, crazy billionaire Tom Steyer and even crazier author Marianne Williamson did not qualify for this debate. Though I wouldn't vote for any of them I think all three, along with Andrew Yang, bring much needed ideological diversity to the debates and I will be sad that they won't be there.


No comments:

Post a Comment