Thursday, July 22, 2021

Biden administration considering a new mask mandate for Coronavirus for vaccinated people.

 

Biden wearing a facemask. New York Post/Getty.

A new report states that the Biden administration is mulling a new mask mandate for the Coronavirus that would require masks for vaccinated people. New York Post. The policy is being considered and would force masks for any place where vaccinated and unvaccinated people mix. Publicly the CDC has announced no changes and the White House has said that they will go with what the CDC decides. Biden also said he may mandate masks for children if the vaccine hasn't been approved by the time school starts this fall. 

My Comment:

Once again the Biden administration is totally tone deaf. Do they have any idea what this will do to the vaccination rates? I have been told by so many people that the only reason they got the vaccine was so that things could go back to normal and that they could ditch the masks. Getting rid of that incentive seems utterly insane to me. 

It also makes me question how effective are the vaccines if masks are suddenly necessary. The vaccine is supposed to make transmission difficult and serious illness and/or death unlikely. So if that is the case, why would anyone who has gotten the vaccine need to wear mask. 

Plus it seems like a huge betrayal for anyone who got the vaccine. It was essentially promised that once you go the vaccine you no longer had to deal with masks and other such nonsense. There are going to be people who will get extremely angry about this if it comes to pass.

I also pity the people that have to try and enforce this (myself included). I know that at my place of employment people are furious at the small remaining anti-coronavirus measures we have, including temperature taking and a health survey. I'm worried that if I have to enforce a new mask mandate that people might take a swing at me.

And I think people will largely ignore any new mask mandate. A lot of people did that for the first mandate but there were a lot of people that went along with it because of the promise of the vaccine. Now that basically everyone who wants the vaccine has already had it I doubt many of these people will go along with this. 

I also don't think that the Delta variant of Coronavirus is all that scary in the first place. Sure, it caused major problems in India but that's India for you. A bus crash in India can kill 100 people. The country is crowded, has poor hygiene and a bad health care system, none of those things are true in the United States. 

Plus, viruses weaken overtime but gain more contagious. I think that is the case with these new variants of Coronavirus. It spreads easier but isn't any deadlier and indeed seems to be less deadly than the initial variants. This is pretty clear as the case numbers in the United States are rising but the deaths are remaining flat. 

Regardless, I think people are sick and tired of the virus, especially now that things have gone back to normal. Nobody is going to want to go back to mask mandates and lockdowns, other than the anti-social types that don't like interacting with people. The rest of us are done with this and I think the Biden administration better keep that in mind before they decide to change any policy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment