Saturday, March 13, 2021

Editor's Note: Illness.

 Just an FYI, I came down with some kind of illness the last couple of days. Started on Friday morning with a runny nose and a cough and it has continued through the weekend. My stomach is also upset and I have had a few minor chills. I don't appear to have a fever though. Not sure if it is minor Corona or a very bad cold. Right now it feels somewhere between a cold and a flu.

I will find out soon though. I went to CVS this morning on got a test and I should have the results back by Sunday or Monday. The process was relatively painless as it was through the drive through and it probably took about 10 minutes. This is either my fourth or fifth coronavirus test but the first one where I actually felt ill. 

My guess is that this is just a bad cold and things will return to normal soon. But for now expect to see less posting than usual. Whatever this is, it's kicking my ass and I have not been up to actually posting all that much. If it is the cold and follows the trajectory I have had with the virus in the past I should be mostly better in a day or two. Who knows what will happen if it is Covid? 

I do wonder if a year of wearing facemasks, not going out and generally avoiding using my immune system is making this a lot worse. I usually don't have too many problems with colds but this one seems a lot worse then normal. Then again, I haven't been using my typical anti-cold medicine and instead am using generic Dayquil, which might just be garbage. 

As for blogging, it's going to depend on what I am up to. I know I have missed quite a few days in the past few months but it just can't be helped sometimes. I am relived that it was mostly a slow news weekend so far anyways. If something major happens I may have a post up but otherwise don't expect too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment