Monday, March 15, 2021

Editor's Note: Covid test results.

 As I mentioned a couple of days ago, I have felt ill since last Friday morning. Given the current pandemic I got my self tested for the Coronavirus. I got my results early this morning and they are negative! 

This is not too surprising as my symptoms more closely resembled a bad cold than anything Covid related (though you could argue that the Coronavirus causes a REALLY bad cold). Instead of lower respiratory symptoms like a dry cough and shortness of breath, I had upper respiratory symptoms, like a runny nose and stuffiness. Unfortunately in some cases Coronavirus does cause those symptoms so I had to get the test. 

I do have to say that it was a very bad cold as far as those things go. Unlike most colds this one knocked me on my ass and it kept me out of the game for awhile. I had to call into work which is not something I would usually do and I would have done so even had I known that my test results were negative. Not only was I sick, I was also exhausted, so a day off helped. 

Once again, I wonder if this is going to be a thing. This is the longest time I have gone without a respiratory infection and I don't think I have gotten a cold since late 2019. All the masking, sanitizing and handwashing probably worked against the cold virus but once those efforts failed it hit me like a brick. I wonder if all those precautions made my immune system weaker? I am guessing that a lot of other people are going to get severe colds this year and next years Influenza season is going to be a very bad one. 

Another thing I have to wonder is how I picked up the virus. I almost always wear a mask when I go out, not so much because I believe in them but more because I don't want to hassle some service employee just trying to bring home a paycheck. The only times I didn't wear a mask last week was when I was fishing or when I was eating at work. Of course cold viruses spread fairly easy even compared to this Coronavirus so it didn't need much of an opportunity. 

As for blogging I think things will return to normal now. I might even have another post up tonight. I have to say that I have been avoiding the news for the most part this weekend so I might have some catching up to do. Though I am still sick I am feeling a bit better and I shouldn't have that as an excuse to not post something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment