Saturday, December 29, 2018

Video shows a Kuwaiti F-18 Hornet hit by lightning.

A still picture from the video. The Aviationist.

The above tweet shows a lighting strike hitting an F-18 Hornet operated by the Kuwaiti Air Force.  The Aviationist has more info about the video, but there isn't a whole lot known about what happened to the fighter jet. It seems it wasn't damaged and the only real impact was scaring the crap out of the pilot. Given the danger of lighting strikes, I can't say I blame him.

Apologies in advance if the twitter link is filtered out by your work's filter system. I know from personal experience that embedded media often fails to show up via twitter due to the ban on social media that many workforce's implement. I will post a link to a youtube video below but I don't know if will stay up for long since it seems to be a odd account.


No comments:

Post a Comment