Sunday, September 2, 2018

I've failed to find an impartial source for the situation in Chemnitz Germany

Protesters in Chemnitz, Germany. RT/AFP.

Today's post was going to be about the protests in Chemnitz Germany that have rocked the city for about a week now. I was hoping to find a unbiased source that gave a fair accounting of what is happening and why it is happening. I have not been able to do so. 

For one thing, I think that the various search engines are censoring any results that are even slightly in favor of the protesters. I tried Google News, Bing and Yahoo and found nothing that was remotely fair to the protesters. Twitter was slightly better but I found no links to news articles and there were a quite a few of the usual blue checkmark suspects clogging up the results. 

The news articles I did find were ridiculously over the top. They all denounced these protests as "far right" or "nazi". There may have been some far right people involved but many of the photos from the march look like normal German citizens. But calling them "nazis" wasn't the worst thing, it was all the attacks on the character of these people. They called them criminals, meth cooks and just generally evil. I don't say this likely but I think the citizens of Chemnitz are getting less fair coverage than even President Trump. 

So I don't really know what is going on in Chemnitz. What is without dispute is that a man was murdered by an Iraqi and a Syrian in the country as refugees. People are quite understandably upset about it. Some members of the far right and far left showed up. Other than that I can't say as the news media isn't even attempting to hide their bias in this case... 

No comments:

Post a Comment