Thursday, September 6, 2018

A reminder: Sometimes I cover stories on twitter instead of on here.

Just a reminder that I am on Twitter. My account is @politicswarblog. I mention this because today I was tweeting about the Alex Jones/Infowars situation. I do think it is an important case of censorship but since I tweeted about it I didn't feel like repeating myself here. But if you don't follow me on twitter you would have missed what I had to say.

Of course given the way things are going I don't know how much longer I will be on Twitter. Jones was pretty much canned for talking back to Twitter and I do the same thing, even though I don't harass people or even interact with them all that much. I almost never interact with people on Twitter and when I do if they are negative with me at all I just block or mute them. Still, it's very clear that Twitter's management is beginning a purge for anyone to the right and I might get caught up in it. 

I have considered creating an account on Gab.ai as a backup plan but that is not a great solution either. Gab.ai is much smaller than twitter and doesn't have anywhere near the reach. It also has a stigma attached to it as more respectable people are on Twitter. I might just make an account there anyways but it's not a perfect solution.

I also have a Facebook page, also polticswarblog but I rarely post anything there other than links to my blog. If I am banned from twitter that might change. I also have an account on google plus but since that social network is dead I only really post there because it came with the blogspot account.

Speaking of blogspot, I could get banned from this site as well. I don't think I have done anything to piss off Google, and I make sure to follow their TOS, but these days you never know. If that happens I don't know what I will do. I'm not technically capable of building my own website and I doubt other free webhosts wouldn't suffer the same censorship...

No comments:

Post a Comment