Saturday, May 13, 2023

Editor's Note: Vacation.

 


I usually take a vacation in the middle of May and this year is no exception! I will be off all next week so posting may be infrequent or at unusual times. I am not planning on traveling this time so blogging should be semi-normal. 

What I am planning to do is go fishing. May in Wisconsin is a great time to go and right now it's the white bass run so I might try getting a few of those. And there are a few new places I want to try out this vacation that I haven't been to yet. Should be fun. 

Fishing this year has been so much better than last year so far. So far this year I have caught seven species and the first fish I caught in 2023 was a decent sized walleye, though I'm not sure if it counts because I snagged the dang thing. In addition to the walleye, I have caught yellow bullhead, yellow perch, largemouth bass, sheephead (freshwater drum), white perch and bluegill. The white perch pictured above may have been a personal best for me, but I didn't bother ever weighing or measuring white perch to begin with. 

Another thing I might do is go to the gun range. It's been a long time since I have gone and I'm afraid my shooting skills are atrophying. It will depend on how I feel though, the one thing I won't do is go to the range while I am tired. Fatigue and firearms don't mix and right now I'm pretty damn tired. 

I've also got at least one major purchase planned. I've had a small TV for a long time and given the lower prices of decent TV's I'm thinking I might just purchase a new one. I've got the cash for it so why not?

As for blogging, I fully expect to be doing some of that next week as well. It will depend on how busy I get, what happens in the world and how I feel. I don't feel obligated to get a post up everyday when I am vacation, but I generally do enjoy writing them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment