Friday, February 12, 2021

I'm back!

 

Futurama. 

As you are almost certainly aware, I have been gone for about a week now. My computer had an issue with its cooling fan and I had to take it in for repairs. Since I didn't have a backup computer I wasn't able to post and was almost silent on social media, despite a lot going on in the world. 

Though my laptop hasn't been fixed I did decide to buy a new one while I am waiting for the part to arrive. Just a cheapo HP windows machine. My other laptop is a higher end gaming PC which I never should have been using as a daily computer regardless. I will get my other laptop back soon and it will return to it's proper role as a gaming pc and not a web browser. 

This was probably the longest time I have gone without making a blog post since I made this blog. It's funny though, my blog was still getting hits while I was gone, perhaps people wondering where I was? Still, five days is a long time to go without a blog post so it's good to be back. 

I will probably have a normal post up tonight, either talking about current events or about things I missed earlier in the week. Getting back into the swing of things might take me a bit and I still do have a bit of setup to do with my new computer but going this long without a real post was not acceptable to me. 

I do have to say that the last week or so has been crap. Outside of my computer issues and the fact that I couldn't blog, I also had to deal with Wisconsin in February. One of my cars died and I will have to replace the battery and it's just been terrible outside due to the extreme cold. And it's isn't quite done yet. 

Thankfully, I had enough cash to take care of all these problems. I never spent a dime of the stimulus money I was given so that will pay for all these unexpected expenses. I guess it's good that I am stimulating the economy a bit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment