Thursday, March 21, 2019

Range trip!

.22 LR at 7 yards. 

Skipping a normal post tonight because I was kind of busy this afternoon. I went to a gun range with one of my buddies and shot around 100 rounds of 9mm and .22 LR. I used a CZ 75 PO7 and a Winchester .22. My marksmanship is still lacking but it has improved a bit and I was fairly happy with my groupings. I still have a long ways to go before I can call myself proficient. 

This was my first time using an indoor range and it was pretty decent. The only downside was the cost which is quite a bit more than my outdoor ranges. Still, it was nice not having to wait for an all clear from the RSO to change my targets or have to deal with wildlife running onto the range. 

My guns worked fairly well. My .22 was fine and no issues whatsoever. My 9mm did have a failure to eject on the first round. That's only the 2nd time that has happened with my PO7 and I'm not sure what the deal was. I clean my guns and buy quality ammo, but it might be the fact that my magazines don't seem to like it when I load them with a full 16 rounds. Given this was only my 2nd malfunction after hundreds of rounds, I am not too worried about it. 

Finally, I am happy that I live in a state where I can do this. There are a lot of gun ranges around here, both indoor ranges and outdoor ones. All of the ones I  have gone to are fine and a good time. None of the restrictions are too bad and the gun laws here are good. Unlike New Zealand there isn't much of a chance of my guns being made illegal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment