Thursday, January 10, 2019

Video: Amazing flying during a rescue of an injured skier in the French Alps.

A picture of the rescue. Daily Mail/Ferrari Press. 



The above video shows a pretty amazing rescue of a skier who was injured in the French Alps. The Daily Mail (I know, but it has good pictures) has a story detailed what happened. The helicopter was called after a 19 year old skier injured his knee severely. Due to the extreme angle, the helicopter had to physically touch the mountain with the blades almost striking it.

Not much else to say on this one but I do have to say that I was extremely impressed by the skill of the pilot. There have been other rescues like this but it's rare to have video this good. It reminds me of the Chinook that rescued someone from Mt. Hood. I always like to share videos that are of this quality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment