Tuesday, January 8, 2019

I will be live tweeting President Trump's immigration speech.

President Donald Trump.

As you are almost certainly aware, President Trump is giving an important speech on immigration, the border wall and the government shutdown. It will begin at 8:00 PM Central and I will be following as it happens. I probably won't have a post up in time tonight reacting to it so I decided I will live tweet the speech. If you haven't followed me or don't have twitter, my tweets can be found here.

I'm not exactly sure what is going on in this speech but I have heard that Trump will not announce that he will declare an emergency. Given the fact that the media is so often wrong these days I have no idea if that is true. 

Regardless, I do think that this speech is very overdue. President Trump is uniquely handicapped by a hostile media and he would do well to try and go around them. A speech like this is a good way to do so and I think he should have been doing this much more frequently. Yes, he has twitter and a few semi-friendly outlets like Fox News and Breitbart (but not anywhere near it is claimed on the left) but he needs to do more to get his message out there. 

There was a media complaint about this speech and some outlets were seriously considering not airing it and many are going to air rebuttal. It's fairly sad that the media won't even let the president say his own words and have to let the Democrats immediately spin it. I doubt I will watch the Democrats speech since it will be late at night but who knows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment