Sunday, May 8, 2022

Molotov cocktail arson attack targets a Wisconsin pro-life organization...

 

Damage at the Wisconsin Family Action offices in Madison Wisconsin. New York Post/AP.

A Molotov cocktail arson attack has targeted a pro-life organization in Madison Wisconsin. New York Post. The attack targeted the Wisconsin Family Action offices, which is a pro-life political action committee. In addition to the arson attack, the building was spray-painted with a message that said “if abortions aren’t safe, then you aren’t either,” and pro-antifa messages. A 2nd Molotov cocktail was found on the scene of the crime. 

New York Post/AP

Pro-Anarchist and anti-police messages. 1312 stands for ACAB, all cops are bad. New York Post. 

My Comment:

It's not often that I cover state stories but this happened in my state so in this case I have to. I am not at all surprised that this arson attack happened in Madison. Madison is a wretched hive of leftist types like antifa and black lives matter and I'm honestly surprised this kind of attack hasn't happened more often there. 

In a sane world this would be classified as a far-left terror attack. If a right winger had thrown a Molotov cocktail at a Planned Parenthood clinic they would be rightly called a terrorist. Indeed, in 2012, a right winger did attack Planned Parenthood clinic in Appleton and the man who did it got convicted and is in prison now after an 11 year sentence. 

It doesn't surprise me that this would happen in Wisconsin. The state is the very definition of a purple states. Madison and Milwaukee are huge left wing enclaves in what is otherwise a very right wing state. Indeed, I live in northeast Wisconsin and I have been seeing anti-abortion billboards and protesters all of my life. With both present in the state I am not surprised that there is conflict. A pro-life organization in Madison was always going to be a target. 

Abortion is technically a felony in Wisconsin, but the courts have said that the rule is unenforceable because of Roe v Wade and Planned Parenthood v Casey. Does that mean if Roe v Wade is overturned that abortion will suddenly become unobtainable in Wisconsin? No, because the law does have an exception for the saving of the mothers life, so in that limited circumstances abortion would be legal. But I also question if the law would even be enforced state wide. I can't see a Milwaukee or Madison prosecutor bringing charges up on abortion, even though I could see that happening in the rest of the state. 

I don't really think that this attack has too much to do with abortion in the first place. It seems clear that these attackers are antifa-aligned. Given that antifa is more about mindlessly opposing whatever the outrage of the day and all about owning the cons, my guess is that this attack was more abut those things than abortion per-say. That doesn't mean that these people were pro-choice of course, but it does mean that you shouldn't read too much into the attack. 

Still, this is fairly disappointing. Abortion has always been a baffling issue to me since I don't have strong feelings either way. I lean pro-life largely because pro-choice people have worse arguments and tend to be associated with people like antifa, which I can't tolerate. The idea of committing a terror attack over it makes zero sense. 

With that being said, I do expect this to be the first in a series of terror attacks targeting pro-life organizations. Antifa has zero scruples about political violence and the pro-choice people are getting totally unhinged. And I do think that the Democrats are doing everything they can to stir up the crazies. Indeed, that was the point in releasing the draft decision in the first place. They want these people to be violent in order to influence the justices and the 2022 midterms... 

No comments:

Post a Comment