Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Airstrike in Ukraine kills 11. Yahoo/AP

The husband of one of the victims of the airstrike stands near the rubble. AP

An airstrike in Sinzhne, Ukraine killed 11 people on 7/15/14. Yahoo/AP. The Ukrainian government deny involvement but have no explanation as to who else it could be. Witness on the ground claim to have seen Ukrainian marking on the plane that fired the missiles. 

My Comment:
I find the Ukrainian government's denial extremely dubious. The rebels don't have aviation and the only other explanation is that the Russian government did a false flag attack. I guess that's technically possible but it's so unlikely that I feel safe in dismissing it entirely. I am not saying that Russia isn't capable of doing such a thing, they are, it's just that if they were going to do a false flag it would be smarter the this. And false flag attacks, contrary to what conspiracy nuts think, are extremely rare.  

And this is yet another example of civilians getting caught up in warfare. I am guessing that this was just bad fire control instead of a deliberate attack, but the result is the same. And I have said before that civilian casualties are about the only thing that could bring Putin into the war openly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment