Thursday, August 11, 2022

CDC eases Coronavirus guidelines.

 

A man gets tested for the Coronavirus. ABC News/AP.

The CDC has eased Coronavirus guidelines for unvaccinated people. ABC News. In the past the CDC recommended unvaccinated people to quarantine after an exposure. Now they recommend unvaccinated people to do exactly what they recommend for vaccinated people, wearing a mask for 10 days and getting tested after five. The CDC also now recommends that infected people test twice in 48 hours after symptoms end to end their isolation. The so called "test to stay" school policy is no longer needed because they no longer need to isolate after being exposed to the virus. This means that children will not have to stay home from school after being exposed to the virus. Most notably, the CDC no longer requires people to test while asymptomatic while finally getting rid of the six feet distance for most people. 

My Comment:

It's probably not too wise of me to cover this story as my recent posts on the Coronavirus have not done well in terms of views and income. That being said, I do think it's fairly hilarious that the CDC has updated their guidelines.

Why? Because I don't know anyone who follows these guidelines. I know I sure don't. I haven't isolated once after being exposed to the virus. Largely because if I had I would have lost weeks or even months of works. I've been exposed dozens of times now and as far as I know I have never gotten the virus. Plus I just don't care anymore. About the most I did in the later stages of the virus outbreak was put of visits with my elderly parents after an exposure. 

The real important one is that the CDC is no longer recommending the test to stay policy, which, from what I understand, has been a disaster. I'm not a parent myself but I know plenty of people who are and they have complained to me that they weren't able to send their kids to school even though they weren't sick. Given the low risk of the virus to children in general, it never made sense to keep kids out of school. 

Most of the other stuff is inside baseball stuff that was only relevant if your work or school enforcement. I don't think anyone was following these guidelines in their personal lives, other than the people that worship the CDC. 

Getting rid of the six feet rule is somewhat baffling but the rule itself was at the same time. It was never really based on any science, they just realized that the virus spread through the air and then picked a random number out of a hat. Given that our society is generally one that likes close contact in the first place, the rule was probably unnecessary in the first place, though I have noticed that people aren't crowding as much when in line at the gas station. 

What gets me about the CDC is that everything has pretty much gone back to normal and they are still acting like this pandemic is still a big deal. The current forms of the virus are essentially a cold or flu virus with the vast majority of people not getting severely ill. Sure, a few people are dying, but people die from the flu all the time too, so I don't understand why they are still even trying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment