Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Editor's Note: Dem Debate information.

Michael Bloomberg's headshot. Public domain via Wikipedia. 

Once again there is another Democratic Debate and once again I am going to force myself to watch it. The debate begins at 8:00 PM central time and will be broadcast on NBC and MSNBC. It will be set in Las Vegas, Nevada ahead of the caucus there. As always I plan to live tweet for most of the debate and if you want to follow along you can do so on my Twitter and Gab accounts. 

This is going to be a hard debate for me to watch as one of my most hated political figures in recent history, Michael Bloomberg has essentially bought his way onto the debate stage, despite the fact that he isn't even on the ballot in Nevada. I despise the face of the modern gun control movement so I won't even pretend to be objective when it comes to Bloomberg. Bloomberg barely managed to qualify but did so at the last minute due to a poll that I consider highly suspicious. 

However, five other candidates will be on the stage tonight as well. They include the following:
Bernie Sanders
Joe Biden
Pete Buttgieg
Elizabeth Warren
Amy Klobucher

Notably, Tom Steyer, the other billionaire competing in the race, did not qualify for the debate. 

I don't want to make any predictions about how this debate will turn out but I sincerely hope that all the candidates gang up on Michael Bloomberg. It's a rare point of agreement I have with the far left in that Bloomberg has no right to be on that stage tonight. 

I do think that it will be an important debate. Biden, Warren and Klobucher desperately need to regain some kind of momentum and need to do well to at least place in the Nevada Caucus. Buttgieg and Sanders will need to keep up the momentum they both gained from Iowa and New Hampshire and everyone needs to keep an eye out for Michael Bloomberg, who is a total wild card at this point. 

It should be an interesting night and I will have a lot to say about it. Consider joining me via Twitter or Gab as, despite my distaste for the candidates, I tend to have fun having my say on social media. 

No comments:

Post a Comment