Friday, August 30, 2019

Former Canadian Prime Minster Kim Campbell says she wishes Hurricane Dorian would hit Mar-A-Lago.

A screenshot of the tweet. 

Former Canadian Prime Minster Kim Campbell says she wishes Hurricane Dorian would hit Mar-A-Lago. Time. Canada's 1st female Prime Minster who served in 1993 made the comment on Twitter in response to a tweet urging people to prepare for the storm. Campbell implied that President Trump deserved the storm as he does not support global warming. Campbell has since apologized for the tweet. 

My Comment:
A quick post documenting another case of Trump Derangement Syndrome. Campbell is a known Trump critic and has even called the president a "motherfucker". Hardly the behavior of a former prime minister. 

The idea that President Trump should lose Mar-A-Lago because he disagrees with people on global warming is extremely offensive, but Campbell went even further than that. Instead of a localized disaster that would only effect the resort, she wants the entire state of Florida to suffer as well. I'm not even from Florida and I think that's disgusting. 

It's also another example of someone saying something stupid on twitter. I think people, especially people who are verified on the platform simply forget that other people can see their tweets. That's why I try to be careful what I say on there and tend to censor myself pretty severely. I honestly think that the culture war would be notched down by several degrees if the platform did not exist. 

As for the storm itself it looks like it might be a major one. I have heard some report that it could be a category 4 storm, which is a major one. Florida is well prepared for storms but once it gets that powerful all bets are off. I am hoping that Kim Campbell is wrong and Florida does not sustain severe damage due to Hurricane Dorian. 

No comments:

Post a Comment