Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Could Kamala Harris be fired as Vice President?

 

Kamala Harris and Jill Biden. Fox News/AP.

Fox News had a report suggesting that Joe Biden could be looking to remove Kamala Harris as Vice President. Citing the apparent bad relationship between the Biden and Harris camp and her extreme unpopularity, the Fox News hosts suggested that Harris could be replaced, either during the 2024 campaign or even before that. A report from a congressional source said that both the Senate and House were preparing for the possibility of a confirmation hearing for Vice President. However, Biden's camp denied any tensions between Harris and the Biden camp and downplayed any rumors. 

My Comment:

I have to admit that this report is extremely thin. It's just based on opinion and one anonymous source that said that congress might be preparing for it. That's not much to go on. Indeed, this story could end up being absolutely nothing. 

Indeed, I usually don't post things about stories that are this thin. I have to admit to this being wishful thinking on my part. Though I am no fan of Joe Biden to say the least, I have more trust for him being President than Harris. Considering I think that Biden is completely senile and possibly deliberately destroying America, that's really saying something. I think Harris is incompetent, annoying, evil and stupid and I would love to see her replaced. 

I do think that there is some obvious tensions between Biden and Harris though. That makes sense as the wheels have come off of the Biden White House almost from the beginning. I don't think I have to list all the problems America has that doesn't seem to matter to the White House, but there are a lot of them. And we can see that Americans are sick of it. Both Biden and Harris have negative approval now and the 2021 elections were widely seen as a rejection of the Biden agenda. 

I think part of the tension between the Biden and Harris camps is how poorly that Harris handled the immigration issue. Famously she absolutely flubbed the question on why she hadn't visited the border. It made her look dishonest, annoying and arrogant and after that she has basically disappeared into the background. That is probably a major reason why Harris is causing problems, she basically had nothing to do now, which for an ambitious person like her probably has to be hell. 

I think the best evidence of the tension is the fact that the White House denied to so specifically. If the story was obviously false they would have just ignored the story but they specifically denied it. It makes me think that there probably is something there. 

Biden may be thinking that he should get rid of the dead weight. By getting rid of Harris, he would get rid of her rock bottom approval rating and could perhaps get a boost from another running mate in 2024. Hiring someone like Pete Buttigieg could do that pretty easily, even though he has his own competence issues. 

I do think some people would be very upset if Biden cuts Harris loose though. Harris was supposed to be the first black/indian woman to hold high office and to have her resign or be fired in disgrace would infuriate the people that actually care about those things. As much as I would love to see those people angry, I don't know that Biden does. 

We do have to consider that there may be an alternative explanation to the report that congress is considering VP confirmations. And that is the fact that Biden is in poor health and in rapid decline. I have said for awhile now that this is not the Biden we knew from the Obama White House or even the 2020 campaign trail. He seems to be in the early stages of dementia and is in poor health and could simply drop dead at anytime. 

But it is possible that he is either going to resign on his own or even be pushed out. Like I said Kamala is an ambitious woman and she might be planning on getting rid of him. And I think deep down Biden and his handlers know that he is no longer capable of taking care of himself, let alone being President of the United States. I generally think that congress is preparing for Biden to step down or die as that seems more likely than Harris getting cut loose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment