Friday, January 20, 2017

Donald Trump is officially the 45th president of the United States.

President Trump's official portrait. 

Unless you are the worlds most unaware person, you know that President Donald John Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States. As it happens I already made one of my 2017 predictions false because I was able to watch some of the inauguration. I was supposed to be sleeping since I work nights, but in the end I wasn't able to do so, probably because of a combination of excitement and nervousness. Trump gave a very good speech (which the "smart set" will hate) and there were no major disruptions of the event itself, despite rioting elsewhere in DC. 

A few random, disorganized thoughts about the election and presidency of Donald Trump:

-A reminder to everyone. The Democrats cheated and still lost. Not only did they rig the primary election against Bernie Sanders, they also collaborated with the media to ensure that Clinton had good coverage. All of this came out and was a huge embarrassment to them. I get the feeling the situation is like the old cartoons where the villain is in a race with the hero and he is in first place but then stops to cheat. Everything goes wrong and if the bad guy had just played fair he would have won outright. 2016 was always going to be an extremely tough election for the Democrats to win, but their chances would have been better if they had just played fair. 

-The Democrats as a party are as weak as they have ever been and have a good chance of losing what little control they have right now. The 2018 midterm elections are not looking good for them and there is a very good chance that the election will buck the historical trend where the president's party loses seats in Congress. The entire party is lost and leaderless now and are in danger of becoming completely irrelevant. The supposed unity in opposing Trump is the only glue holding an extremely fragile coalition together. The party needs to figure out how to get the social justice/racial supremacist wing of their party under control if they want to survive as a credible opposition party. 

-Donald Trump continued with the rhetoric that got him elected in the first place in his speech. Once again he bashed Washington DC as the rotten cesspool that it is. Given that he gave that speech in front of the very politicians and press he was talking about, it did not go over well. But if you simply trust the media you would miss the message that Trump gave. He reached out to all Americans, condemned racism and promised that the normal men and women that make up the US lower classes would not be forgotten. If Donald Trump wasn't Donald Trump, the left would have loved this speech. 

-There was some violence in DC and other cities. I'm conflicted about it. On the one hand I am utterly disgusted by this kind of violence. That should go without saying. But on the other hand, someone said once that you should never interrupt your enemy while they are making a mistake. And the left in the country is making a huge mistake with these riots, attacks and protests. They are simply driving more people into the arms of the Republican Party and Donald Trump. Almost nothing had a bigger impact on my this election cycle than the riots and attacks, often funded directly by the Democratic Party and Clinton campaign.   

-I personally had mixed emotions today. On the one hand, I worked hard to get Donald Trump elected. Though I was only a reluctant supporter at first, I eventually became a full supporter of Donald Trump for reasons I don't want to go into here. I spent a lot of time on this blog and elsewhere doing everything I could to help him win. Today was obviously a good day for me. But I was heartbroken to see so much vitriol thrown at Trump and his supporters, some of which came from people I would have otherwise respected. I can't help but feel that I failed in getting my message to these people and it cuts deep. 

-Donald Trump will be under a microscope for his entire presidency. The normal "honeymoon" period with the media did not happen with Trump. Mere hours after Trump was sworn in, there were already calls from the media for Trump's impeachment. Though it will be nice for there to be some accountability for the president, something that was lacking for Barack Obama, the lügenpresse will continue with their lies... 

-Somehow people still like Barack Obama. I won't say anything else about that fact but this. I don't get it and probably never will...  

That's all for now. Sorry for not having a better post up for today, but I'm exhausted. I'm glad that I saw the inauguration, but sleep would have been nice. I am hoping that the first 100 days for Donald Trump are successful and that people give him a fair chance... 

No comments:

Post a Comment