Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Journalism is dead in this country...


I admit defeat. I was attempting to write a follow up post on yesterday's topic of Trump making a major announcement today. There was a lot of speculation as to what that announcement could be, but I was completely unable to find anything illuminating out about the speech at all except for one thing. 

What is it? Well apparently Trump had to stop and get a drink of water and that is literally the only thing the media wants to talk about. Trump did make fun of Marco Rubio for doing the same thing, a very long time ago, but is that really newsworthy? 

Absolutely not. Nobody should care at all that Trump needed to take a drink. He's a human so of course he is going to get thirsty once and awhile. The whole thing is about as stupid as things could possibly be. 

But there is something worse going on here. I haven't been able to find any news articles at all from mainstream sources. Even conservative media is dropping the ball. They aren't covering the content of the speech either, they are just complaining about the fact that people are complaining about the water drinking. 

To be fair that's what I am doing as well. But in my defense, I am a non-professional blogger. I rely on the media to sum things up for me because I don't have time to actually watch Trump's speech. I don't have an hour to spare to watch his speech but I can spare a couple of minutes to read an article and then a few more to type something up. Now I can't do that. 

And it's pretty clear why. The few minor bits of information I have been able to gleam about this speech is that it was Trump touting his foreign policy wins he had on his Asia trip. I figured that was the most likely outcome and it is a major story that needs coverage. It's a good story for Trump as it's clear that his trip was momentous. 

The media, however, will never give Trump a fair shake. They won't cover the fact that he was well received by all the countries he visited. He has been warmly embraced by President Xi of China and there seems to be real progress being made on North Korea. That's a huge foreign policy win for Trump but if you listen to the media you wouldn't know that at all. 

So instead of covering the major foreign policy win, they cover the fact that he drank some water. Anyone that wants to know what Trump actually said has to either watch the speech themselves or try to gleam whatever information they can buried in these stupid water articles. The truth gets buried once again... 

It would be different if this was just a light ribbing of Trump. Had there been actual articles about what Trump had said I wouldn't mind a few articles about this. But a decent portion of these articles are so over the top that i'd say they were parodies. They are seriously arguing that Trump is disqualified from office just because he drank some water. 

At this point it can't be argued that the media isn't the enemy of the American people. Even when they aren't lying about what happened, they are doing crap like this where they cover a complete non-story in order to ignore real stories. It's just completely disgusting and I am so sick of this behavior.

EDIT: I finally found video of Trump's speech. I don't have the time to watch it now unfortunately, but I figured I should post it so others can. You know, do actual journalism.


No comments:

Post a Comment