Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Editor's Note: Social media issues.


No "real" post tonight because I was dealing with some social media BS. As you may know I have a Facebook page I use to promote this blog. I also frequently share stuff from my blog's page to my personal facebook page.

Today I received a message from facebook saying that they removed a post from my personal page. The post was marked spam, which makes me think that someone out there marked the post as spam. The blog post in question, a prediction's post for 2017, was non controversial and by no definition was spam. I was not trying to scam people into buying anything and I wasn't doing anything but using the tools that facebook has to share my blog with a wider audience.

My guess is that someone marked my post as spam and since facebook kinda sucks with their automated removal, the post was removed automatically. Facebook obviously doesn't review every single thing that was marked as spam, so I am guessing this was a genuine mistake on their part. The only other thing I can think of is my use of a URL shortener, but I don't think that is likely.

I am guessing that someone, either on my friends list or who liked my page reported the post as spam. This is, of course, completely stupid and I wonder why anyone would do so. There are easier ways to block content on facebook. All you need to do is hit the "block post" or "block all posts" buttons. Or even unfreinding or unliking. Instead my post got removed and I had to go through a bunch of BS with Facebook.

No matter what though, this isn't the first time that I have had issues with social media. Facebook has been pretty good to me but Twitter has shadowbanned me in the past. I am hoping that whatever is going on here stops and that I can go back to just posting my content without worrying about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment