Wednesday, October 28, 2015

RT has reporters embedded with Syrian Soldiers fighting outside of Palmyra.

RT report from Palmyra.

Saw this report from RT and I thought I would share. It shows how the battle against ISIS in Syria is going. I hadn't realized how long range the fight appears to be. Palmyra is in the middle of the desert and the area just looks like a wasteland. Though the footage is not quite as impressive as other footage I have seen, it is amazing to me that they managed to get a reporter into the area. 

Some caveats of course. 

1. RT is Russian propaganda, so of course this is going to be pro-Syrian military. Obvious, but should be pointed out anyways. 

2. There is no question in this case that the Syrians are actually fighting ISIS, but keep in mind ISIS isn't the only group they are fighting. The report seems to suggest that everyone the Syrians are fighting is ISIS. That's simply not true, though I would say that the other groups they are fighting aren't all that good either. 

Either way, it does show how the fight for Palmyra is going. I have no clue if they are going to retake it anytime soon. I do think that the ruins of the city are going to be destroyed. If ISIS doesn't blow it all up, the fighting will. Either way the ruins are doomed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment