Friday, August 1, 2014

Why are we bringing people with Ebola into America? -CNN

The outbreak as of 7/27/14. More have died since then. -CNN/WHO

Two American missionaries who helped fight Ebola and caught the disease are on their way back to America for treatment. -CNN. If they survive long enough to cross into America, it will be the first time that an Ebola patient has entered the United States during this outbreak. The move is not a popular one if social media is anything to go by. The chances of the patients spreading the disease are low, but fears remain. 

My Comment:
I agree with the social media commentators, this is a bad idea. I know they will be taking every precaution. I know this is probably the best chance these missionaries have. And i know that Ebola will probably end up in America at this point anyways. Still, if there is a non-zero chance of a wider Ebola outbreak in the United States it should not happen. I'm not too worried of the disease itself, but an outbreak would lead to civil unrest and economic downturn. And there is always a chance of the disease mutating... 

I do have to say that I think it is hilarious that CNN was quoting Alex Jones and Infowars. No CNN it's not news when Alex Jones claims there is a conspiracy. He's a scam artist that claims everything is a conspiracy. Amusingly the best conspiracy theory I have every heard is that Alex Jones is actually dead comedian Bill Hicks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment