Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Obama and Turkish Prime Minster Erdogan no longer speak to each other. Yahoo/AFP

Prime Minster Recep Tayyip Erdogon. Yahoo/AFP

Prime Minster Erdogan of Turkey no longer talks to Obama. -Yahoo/AFP Erdogan is upset due to the war in Gaza and the Syrian Civil War. He feels betrayed because Obama backed out of U.S. airstrikes. Political contact between the United States and Turkey, both members of NATO, happens via Vice President Biden and both countries foreign minsters. 

My Comment:
I suspect a darker reason for the split between Obama and Erdogan. Buried in that link is the accusation that Seymour Hersh brought up. That is to say that Turkey played Obama in the lead up to the aborted Syrian War and played him hard, and did it in a particularly vile and evil way. A false-flag chemical attack. Of course I don't know if it is true, and even if you trust Hersh I need to hear it from someone else credible before I will believe it but I do know that Erdogan was hell bent on the U.S. attacking Syria. I rarely side with Obama on anything, but not going to war in Syria was the right thing for both Obama and the nation. And if the leader of Turkey doesn't like it he can risk his own damn troops. 


No comments:

Post a Comment