Tuesday, July 29, 2014

If the 2012 election were held today Romney would blow Obama out of the water. -CNN

CNN

According to a CNN/ORC poll if the 2012 election were held today Obama would lose by nine points. -CNN. Obama won in 2012 51% to 47%, but in the new poll he would only get 44% of the vote. The same poll found that Hillary Clinton would beat Romney by a wide margin, 55% to 42%, largely due to female voters. 

My Comment:
I'm shocked that Obama did as well as he did. If his first term was bad his second term has been an absolute disaster and it isn't even over yet. If you add that to the general hangover effect all 2nd term incumbents get I would be expecting around a third of the vote to go Obama. The country is incredibly polarized though and I get the feeling that Obama could eat a puppy on live tv and still have support of 25% of the electorate. It's not about who is right anymore, it's about who is "one of us" and Obama is still "one of us" for many Democrats. 

I'd like to say that I am surprised that Clinton would beat Romney, but I am not. The poll numbers in the Obama/Romney race have a lot more to do with Obama failing hard in his 2nd term then any strength Romney had as a candidate. Clinton also has the female vote locked up so far, which infuriates me to no end. I know that somehow, someway, there are women who like Clinton and her policies, and if that's the case i can't blame them, but I know that some of her supporters only like her because she is a woman. To be fair though Clinton was the heir apparent back in 2008 but was usurped by Obama. Is there anyone in the 2016 class that could do that to her again? It sure doesn't look like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment