Monday, July 7, 2014

Concealed carry vet successfully defends himself -Chicago Tribune

Concealed carry vet successfully defends himself -Chicago Tribune

My Comment:
Good on this vet. Another one of those justified uses of a handgun that Ol' Mike Bloomberg says doesn't exist. It's also great that they finally have CC in Illinois even if Rahm Emanuel is doing everything in his power to fight it.

On a more personal note, I don't have a CC license myself. I don't get to the range enough to feel comfortable with it. Having said that, I have used a firearm in self defense, but unlike this case nobody got hurt. I was watching a movie early in the morning and suddenly heard loud angry voices outside. I was rather concerned and when I realized that the voices were coming from the backyard I went for my rifle. I went to my back bedroom that overlooked the back yard with my Lee Enfield in one hand and my cell phone in the other. When i got there i saw a group of 6 or 7 people yelling and screaming. That stopped the second I turned my phone on. They presumably saw me standing there with my rifle about to dial 911 and decided whatever they were planning was a bad idea. They ran away so fast I didn't even bother calling the cops. The best part was that nobody got hurt. Who knows what would have happened if I didn't have firearms in my house?

No comments:

Post a Comment